Donna Dowsett is the National Director of Team Diabetes & Events at Diabetes Canada. With more than 25 years’ experience working in the non-profit sector and health-care industry, she has developed and implemented community partnership initiatives that help clients manage their own health and wellness needs while developing individualized strategies that allow them to be active participants in their communities.
In her role with Team Diabetes, the activity-based fundraising program for Diabetes Canada, Donna leads a team of motivated staff who recruit participants, educate the community and fundraise across Canada and internationally. She is responsible for coordinating all Team Diabetes events and outreach and for making sure the program raises awareness and much-needed funds.
Industry Expertise (5)
Areas of Expertise (6)
Canfit Pro Certified Personal Trainer (professional)
Personal trainer and coach.
Lakehead University: HB., Kinesiology
- Running Room : Marathon Clinic Instructor
- BC Disability Games : Past Games Committee Co-Chair
- BC Games Society : Past Disability Sport Committee Chair
- BC Disabled Skiing : Past Board of Directors Member
- St Agatha and District Lions Club : Memeber