• Born in the Bronx NY currently live in Marietta Georgia.
• Earned a BA in History from Lehman College.
• Worked for the US government in the "War on Poverty" as a VISTA with the Navajo.
• Taught elementary school and High School History in NYC.
• Computer Programming Consultant and Manager.
• One of the original founders of the Rainforest Alliance out of NYC.
• Member of the Georgia State Curriculum Committee in 1996.
• Married with one child.
• A former President of the Vegetarian Society of Georgia.
• Lead plaintiff in Selman vs. Cobb County Board of Education – a successful federal landmark case protecting science education. The case concerned the teaching of Evolution vs. Creationism / Intelligent Design in public school science classes and focused specifically on disclaimers against evolution inserted in biology textbooks
• Driving force and participating plaintiff in the Cobb County Commission sectarian invocation suit.
• Advisory Board member of Georgia Citizens for Integrity in Science Education (GCISE).
• President of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State Georgia Chapter.
• Board member of the ACLU of Georgia.
• Writing the autobiographical account, "God Sent Me: a Textbook case on Evolution vs. Creation".
• Speaker for the defense of American Freedom and the support of Separation of Church and State.
• Seasoned interviewee – appearing on “Good Morning America,” “Nightly News with Tom Brokaw,” “Penn & Teller,“ "Nancy Grace,” “Fox News,” The French “Canal Plus,” "Atlanta Jewish Talk" on Air America and the BBC. Interviewed by print media such as the “New York Times,” “Washington Post,” “Los Angeles Times,” “Time Magazine,” “Atlanta Journal
Industry Expertise (3)
Areas of Expertise (3)
Selman vs Cobb County Georgia (personal)
I was the lead plaintiff in Selman vs. Cobb County Board of Education – a successful federal landmark case protecting science education. The case concerned the teaching of Evolution vs. Creationism / Intelligent Design in public school science classes and focused specifically on disclaimers against evolution inserted into biology textbooks.
City University of New York-Herbert H. Lehman College: BA, History 1969
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- American Civil Liberties Union
- National Center for Science Education
Event Appearances (1)
The Separation of Church and State
varrious events and dates addressing religeous to scientific organizations Georgia
Sample Talks (1)
The Separation of Church and State protection against theocracy
As lead plaintiff in Selman vs Cobb County Bd. of Ed, a successful federal landmark case protecting science education, I discuss the sleepwalking through democracy that can lead us to theocracy, a threat to liberty. I talk on teaching Evolution vs. Creationism / Intelligent Design in public school science classes.
As a plaintiff in the Cobb County Commission invocation suit, I discuss a second theocratic infiltration into our democracy, the mixing religious practices within government functions.
- Author Appearance