The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is an organization of men and women who practice public relations in Canada and abroad. Members work to maintain the highest standards and to share a uniquely Canadian experience in public relations.
CPRS was founded in 1948 from two original groups - the first in Montreal and the second in Toronto. In 1953, these became associated as the Canadian Public Relations Society, and, in 1957, the organization was incorporated as a national society.
Today, CPRS is a federation of 14 Member Societies based in major cities or organized province-wide. All Member Societies adhere to the constitution of the National and Member Society.
In cooperation with its regional Member Societies and with like-minded organizations in other countries, CPRS works to advance the professional stature of public relations and regulates its practice for the benefit and protection of the public interest.
The Canadian Public Relations Society, as a distinct Canadian association, seeks:
- to group all public relations practitioners in Canada and to foster their professional interests
- in cooperation with its regional Member Societies and with like-minded organizations in other countries, to advance the professional stature of public relations
- to regulate its practice for the benefit and protection of the public interest
- to serve the public interest by upholding a standard of proficiency and code of ethics, and by providing ongoing professional development to its members and public relations practitioners across Canada.
We believe that the ethical and strategic practice of public relations and communications management makes a positive contribution to the profession, our employers and to the communities we serve.
Assistant Professor of Communications
Terry Flynn was President of the CPRS from 2009 - 2010.
Crisis Communications Communications Planning Marketing Communications Internal Communications Political Communications Public Speaking Crisis Management Media Relations Strategic Communications Reputation Management Corporate Communications Corporate Social Responsibility Risk Communications Environmental Communications
Vice President, Alberta and BC
Public relations professional with 25 years of experience in strategic communications management
Communications Management Communications Consulting Strategic Communications Corporate Communications Media Relations Public Policy
Industry Experience (1)
- Public Relations and Communications