Emile Malvaso brings international experience and expertise to his role.
As the Chair of the Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Enterprise. Emile manages the Applied Research and Glencore Centre of Innovation at Cambrian College, Emile's portfolio includes:
• Develops, implements and manages strategies for advancing Cambrian’s applied research capacity.
• Manages day-to-day operations of the Glencore Centre of Innovation
• Manages projects including identifying and forming the project team (both internal and external members), monitoring activities, and hiring project staff.
• Negotiates faculty/student participation, resources (acquisition and access) and research terms with academic administrators.
• Develops a project plan for each College research project, identifying resources, funding requirements, scope, deliverables, outcomes and budget.
• Supervises Applied Research Developers, researchers, and students engaged in funded research activities.
Industry Expertise (4)
Training and Development
Areas of Expertise (9)
Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario: Bachelor of Commerce, Business 1997
Siemens AG Academy, Nurnburg Germany: Certificate, Electrical systems and components 2006
University of Western Ontario, London Ontario: Level 1 and 2 Management Certificate, Richard Ivey School of Business 2010
- Cambrian Innovates : Manager
Media Appearances (3)
Research projects help Cambrian students, business
The college's manager of applied research says research typically involves students partnering with a business to help solve a problem. "It's the greatest interview you could ever do from an industry perspective … you're solving a problem for that industry," Emile Malvaso said...
Cambrian College Supports Research and Innovation in Greater sudbury
Cambrian College online
The event will bring together industry representatives and researchers to encourage learning, collaboration, and interaction. “The goal is to create partnerships to find solutions for business that can maximize capital and capacity,” said Emile Malvaso, an Applied Research Liaison Consultant at Cambrian College. “Businesses drive research at Cambrian. We are always looking for new partnerships, and we have the experience to help businesses develop products and services that will help them grow.”
Cambrian cracks top research list
Sudbury Star print
Cambrian College says it has once again raised is reputation as an applied research leader among Northern Ontario colleges. The college placed 34th on a list of the top 50 research colleges in the country, published by Research Infosource. Cambrian gained two spots from last year, remaining the only college in the area to crack the list. "Rising two spots on the top 50 list puts Cambrian in very good company because it proves that we are among the most innovative colleges in Canada, and we're continuing to grow a culture of innovation," Emile Malvaso, chair of the Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Enterprise at Cambrian, said in a release.