Greg Githens helps individuals and organizations make impact. As an executive and leadership coach, he works with individuals to train them in the basic competencies of strategic thinking (including strategic planning) and decision making. He shows organizations how to magnify their results through effective collaboration.
Greg also provides seminars/workshops/speaking and facilitating to organizations in planning and executing their strategic initiatives, including hands-on leadership.
Greg provides thought leadership, with emphasis on useful insights and tools.
Greg delivers value to his clients:
* He assisted a global company build awareness and skills for strategy execution by providing development in project planning skills, voice of the customer, and strategy alignment. This already-strong company has become more nimble and competitive in its chosen markets.
* He helped a consumer products company build a new product development stages & gates process, including portfolio management. The company has since extended its industry leadership to dominate its industry.
* He facilitated the identification of core competencies and strategic intent for a operating division of a large agribusiness, allowing it to create better operational alignment with its strategies.
* He helped a large specialty retailer execute its merchandising strategy
* Supported an enterprise risk management capability building / benchmarking program
* Helped the IT department of a large company develop better business analysis methods to capture and specify customer requirements
* Supported a proposal capture team who succeeded in gaining multi-million dollar contracts
* Led the integration team for a merged organization
* Helped “stand up” a project management office
* Speeded time to market for new product introductions
* Designed a portfolio management process
Industry Expertise (1)
Areas of Expertise (6)
Strategic Thinking Coach
PMI SeminarsWorld Expert Facilitator: Strategic Initiatives
Miami University: MEn, Policy for Sustainable Enterprises 1982
The Ohio State University: BS, Microbiology 1978
Bowling Green State University: MBA, Marketing and Strategy 1993
- PMI Seminars
- Workshop Leader
- Corporate Training