• Comprehensive expertise in the configuration, operation and troubleshooting of workstation based hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Expertise in the packaging/deployment of third party and in-house applications.
• Highly organized and disciplined individual who fully understands the rigors of a 24 x 7 mission critical production environment, demonstrates flexibility, strong time management skills and works well with multiple technical disciplines.
• Basic understanding of the relationship between information technology components, including:workstation hardware, software, cabling, and host-based systems.
• Advanced technical knowledge of the MS-Windows 2000/NT network operating system. Experience with design productivity software.
• Leadership, organizational, and collaboration skills in the development of periodic goals and the management and motivation of team members towards established goals. Negotiation skills: works effectively with internal and external clients, the central information technology department and vendors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- comfortable presenting to a multi-disciplined technology group and able to communicate well with all IT disciplines as well as internal business users.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, adept at identifying root cause and championing solutions.
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
• Highly responsive with a strong sense of urgency and excellent follow-up skills.
• Experience in the application of LAN technologies to business operations.
• Problem definition, analysis and resolution skills.
• Development of workstation and application packaging standards.
• Basic knowledge of programming, scripting and deployment technologies.
• Good at explaining how to use devices, software or other things to neophytes who are not technical or adept.
Industry Expertise (1)
Information Technology and Services
Areas of Expertise (3)
University of Chicago: MA, Religious Studies 1984
Completed coursework only...formal degree pending completion of language requirement.
Kent State University: BS, Photographic Illustration 1977
- United States Navy