- Our Ability - President and CEO dedicated to the video production of stories about People with Disabilities. We produce video for web and television.
- Our Ability provides Human Resource consulting for companies and individuals looking for an inclusive workforce. We provide workshops, keynotes and seminars on disability and diversity.
- John Robinson is the subject of "Get Off Your Knees: The John Robinson Story" a public television documentary seen around the United States and other countries. Autobiography of the same title published by Syracuse University Press in 2009.
- Advocate for People with Disabilities with Disability Education Forum of New York (DEFNY.org) - 501(c)c 3 to educate people about People with Disabilities.
- Available for speaking engagements - "Turning Obstacles into Opportunities!" and "What is Normal?"- Sales training and motivation, from Australia to Fort Bragg to White House.
- Named to Syracuse University Alumni Board 2011.
- Honored with Excelsior College President's Award for Advocacy in 2010.
Industry Expertise (3)
Areas of Expertise (3)
Syracuse University: BS, Newhouse 1990
- Syracuse University
Mark Egan, President and CEO | Albany Colonie Chamber of Commerce
“Our Ability helped our staff team see differences in a new and meaningful way. John and Doug’s storytelling is powerful. While learning about them, we really learned about ourselves. Their comfortable approach made it easier to openly discuss what could have been uncomfortable topics. I think all of our team left the session with new perspectives on those that are different from themselves and gained a greater appreciation of how they can better embrace diversity.”
Douglas Wenners, President and General Manager | Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield New Hampshire
"John is a great human being. He is as caring and warm as he is courageous and persistent. A strong motivator, John has but one goal in sharing his life story as a congenital amputee – to dispense hope and inspiration to those who can use it most."
Sample Talks (1)
What is Normal?
Although these stories is illustrated through experiences around being a person with a disability, it is a story of ability, acceptance and success. These are the new normal existence. So what is normal?