Dr. Joy Browne is a national and international consultant with universities and hospitals. Her professional background is as a Pediatric/Developmental Psychologist, and Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, in addition to being endorsed as an Infant Mental Health Mentor.
Dr. Browne is director of the Colorado NIDCAP Training Center, FIRST Program, Fragile Infant Feeding Institute, and WONDERbabies. She is a co-chair of the Annual Graven’s Conferences on the Physical and Developmental Environment of the High Risk Infant.
Dr. Browne’s main field of research is neurodevelopmental supportive care, parent support and infant feeding.
Areas of Expertise (5)
Medically fragile infants
Parenting high risk infants and young children
Neurodevelopmental assessment and intervention
Mentoring and consulting
Reflective practice and consulting
Robert J. Harmon Memorial Lecture (professional)
(2010) Colorado Association for Infant Mental Health
Research Honor Award (professional)
(2002) Mercer University, Atlanta, GA
University of New Mexico: PhD, Psychology 1990
University of New Mexico: MS, Psychology 1986
Medical College of Georgia: MSN, Nursing 1975
Medical College of Georgia: BSN, Nursing 1974
- Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute : Member
- American Psychological Association : Member
- World Association for Infant Mental Health : Member
- Colorado Association for Infant Mental Health : Member
- International Society for Developmental Psychobiology : Member
- International Perinatal Brain and Behavior Network : Member
- NIDCAP Federation International : Member
- Australian Association of Neonatal Nurses—Queensland : Member
- Council of International Neonatal Nurses : Member
- New Mexico Association for Infant Mental Health : Member
- Alliance for the Advancement of Infant Mental Health : Member
Co-written with Pierrat, V. Vol 53 - N° 293. P. 12-14 - Doi : 10.1016/j.cahpu.2015.11.002
Craig, J. W., Glick, C., Phillips, R., Hall, S. L., Smith, J., and Browne, J. J Perinatol 35: S5-S8; doi:10.1038/jp.2015.142
Ross, ES, Browne, JV
Browne, JV, Talmi, A Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews 12: 239-247.