I can speak knowledgeably on three subjects:
1. Transportation: transforming traffic jams, parking shortages and related issues through the application of sensible public policy enabled by technology: road pricing, congestion charging, matching supply and demand, or whatever you call it.
2. Entrepreneurship: I have run four companies myself, and been trained to deliver an all-encompassing 48-hour intensive weekend entrepreneurship course designed by an INSEAD professor.
3. Financing early stage companies: the world of venture capital and angel financing is transforming. I have experienced this on the sharp end, through interactions with over two hundred different investors.
- CEO and Founder of EVCtools (a 'back office for entrepreneurs and investors')
- CEO and Co-Founder of Skymeter (location payment technology for cars/trucks)
- Interim COO of Zeno Global (outdoor advertising displays - technology)
- CEO of In Your Pocket (publishing, in multiple media, across Eastern Europe)
- Management Consultant, Bain & Co
- MBA, INSEAD
- Professional Engineer (PEng) Ontario
- Engineering Physicist for Imax (large screen movie theatres/technology)
- BASc in Engineering Physics, Queen's University
Industry Expertise (2)
VC and Private Equity
Areas of Expertise (5)
Queen's University: BASc, Engineering Physics 1988
INSEAD: MBA 1993
Top graduating student in class (Ford Prize)
- Insead Alumni Association
Event Appearances (1)
Inspire Session at Global Entrepreneurship Forum INSEAD - Singapore Campus
Sample Talks (1)
Ending Traffic Jams
Explain that there is a simple solution to traffic jams and parking shortages: think of them as logical outcomes of the law of supply and demand. We can't supply enough in downtown areas. So manage demand with pricing and it will magically clear.