I specialize in executive leadership, innovation, and organizational development as well as in educating and coaching professionals who are charged with leading their professional peers.
I work with business executives, physicians, engineers, pharmaceutical executives, industry experts, workshop presenters, architects and other technical professionals, their peers and their staff, as well as their lay colleagues for greater effectiveness in team development, leading initiatives, and professional presentations.
I've authored five books, my latest being "Speak Up: A Woman's Guide to Presenting Like A Pro" (co-authored with Cyndi Maxey, CSP) published by St. Martin's in New York. My previous book was on professional presentations specifically for EXPERIENCED executives and I'm currently working on another book on influencing those who do not report directly.
Industry Expertise (3)
Health Care - Providers
Professional Training and Coaching
Areas of Expertise (3)
Loyola University of Chicago: MA, Pastoral Studies/Spirituality
Adler School of Professional Psychology: MA, Counseling Psychology
Loyola University of Chicago: BA, Philosophy
Columbia College Chicago:
Saint Xavier University: MA, Education
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology
- National Association for Parents with Children Who Have Visual Impairments (NAPVI)
- Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Global Speakers Federation (GSF)
- Professional Speakers of Illinois/National Speakers Association-IL
- National Speakers Association (NSA)
- American Counseling Association
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Sample Talks (1)
Lead Your Peers From Conflict to Consensus to Action. When voluntary cooperation is the only alternative, there are specific leadership skills that bring individuals together for real action. When professionals bring their technical expertise to the group, leaders need to create an environment that affirms their strength and develops their needs. Leading professionals is different; leading your former peers is challenging but not impossible.
- Workshop Leader
- Author Appearance
- Corporate Training