Mark is an internationally recognised thought leader and expert on strategy, health and aged care quality and accreditation, government relations and organisation transformation. Mark held the CEO position at the Australian government's Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency from 2002 to 2013. He was previously National Operations Manager for Australia’s largest private health insurer Medibank Private and a senior executive in the government’s Medicare and Pharmaceutical Benefits schemes.
From 2009-2013 he was vice chair of the International Society in Healthcare(ISQua) international accreditation council.
Mark was awarded an Order of Australia Medal (OAM) in June 2015, in recognition of his contribution to health and aged standards. Mark is a member of a number of industry and quality reference/research groups as well as being an Adjunct Professor in School of Business from The University of Notre Dame Australia.
As Chief Policy and Regulatory Officer, Mark’s pivotal role is positioning Estia with stakeholders, ensuring regulatory compliance and reviewing core business policies.
Industry Expertise (2)
Areas of Expertise (5)
Order of Australia
Australian Defence Medal
Australian Army Reserve (1976-88)
University of Technology Sydney: Graduate Diploma, Employment Relations, Distinction 1995
- VETEA Ltd : Non Executive Director
- Aged Care Industry Association : Board Member
- School of Business, University of Notre Dame, Sydney : Adjunct Professor
- School of Business, University of Notre Dame, Sydney : Member, Advisory Board
- Quality in Social Care for Older Persons interest group (ISQua) : Chair
- ISQua Panel of Experts : Member
- Australian Institute of Management : Fellow
- Australian College of Health Service Management : Associate Fellow
- Australian Institute of Company Directors : Member
- International Society for Quality in Healthcare : Member