An entrepreneur with an engineering background, with the desire to step up and take on a challenge to help make the world a better place.
For the past 15 years, most of the work was managing greenfield projects, in different sectors, from energy to food production, from EU to Angola and Brazil. But then, the specific duties were always the same: responsibilities on strategy & business development.
• See beyond the apparent limits to seize opportunity.
• Take the time to assess the situation to come up with novel solutions.
• Ability to understand complexity and alignment within an organization.
• Investment opportunities analysis, strategy and business development.
• Organization, structuring and implementation. Tutoring ventures (from startups).
• Focus on social networks and sustainability
• Humility, trust, perseverance and creativity.
• Excellent networking, communication and leadership skills.
Industry Expertise (3)
Areas of Expertise (3)
Instituto da Defesa Nacional: National Defense Auditor, Military National Resource Strategy and Policy 2012
Final research project entitled “Geopolitics of Water as a focus for Development”.
Member of the BRIC group of directed discussion.
An 180 hours course taught by 100 renowned lecturers, including acting members of the Portuguese government, professors, ambassadors, etc., namely:
- Pedro Passos Coelho (Prime Minister): General policy of the government.
- Paulo Portas (Minister of State and Foreign Affairs): The foreign policy.
- Augusto Mateus (former Economy Minister): Platforms for collective efficiency, transport and communications.
- Jose Mariano Gago (former Science Minister): Science, technology and innovation.
- Viriato Soromenho Marques: Principles of citizenship.
- Adriano Moreira (former Minister of Overseas Territories): Portuguese language and culture in the world.
- Guilherme d'Oliveira Martins (State Audit Court President, former Presidency Minister): Culture, identity and defense.
- Mustafa Kibaroğlu (Professor at Bilkent University): Turkey Defense Policy.
Imperial College London: Erasmus, Mechanical Engineering 2003
Guest student (www.imperial.ac.uk).
Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Management 2010
With lectures on Economics, Marketing and Accountancy. The Master thesis was about “Impact of Social Networks in Entrepreneurship”. www.lis.ulusiada.pt
Instituto Superior Técnico: Licentiate, Mechanical Engineering 2004
IST is a part of Universidade Tecnica de Lisboa (Lisbon Technical University) were this diploma was a 5 years study with 50 subjects. In between engaged in some projects and postponed the conclusion of the degree.
The final research project was the development of a fully integrated renewable energy system, entitled “Green Hotel – Pre-Feasibility Study for a Sustainable Community”. The project was enhanced and submitted to the European Commission which financed its implementation at Madeira Island.
Selected as the Portuguese representative for the “P&G IT Management Seminar – Barcelona 2001”.
Event Appearances (2)
Entrepreneurship and Data With Pedro Sarmento
IE Big Data Club IE Business School, Madrid, Spain
Farm Data Hub
EIP-AGRI Workshop Data Sharing Bratislava, Slovakia
- Workshop Leader
- Author Appearance