Areas of Expertise (7)
Philosophy of Disability
Philosophy of Disease
Physician Assisted Suicide
Peter Koch is an assistant professor of philosophy at Villanova University. He received his Doctorate in Philosophy from SUNY Buffalo and completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine, focused in biomedical ethics, philosophy of law, and philosophy of medicine. Peter is an experienced Clinical Ethics consultant with a demonstrated history of working in high volume critical care and nursing care settings. His publication topics include patient welfare, the metaphysics of brain death, and a range of issues within biomedical and clinical ethics. Peter frequently presents research to clinical and academic audiences both nationally and internationally.
Loyola University of Maryland: B.S.
State University of New York at Buffalo: Ph.D.
Select Accomplishments (2)
SUNY Buffalo Department of Philosophy Outstanding Teacher Award
SUNY Buffalo Graduate Student Excellence in Teaching Award
- Baylor College of Medicine Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Weill Cornell Medical Center Clinical Ethics Service
- The Academy for Professionalism in Health Care
- Romanell Center for Bioethics and Humanities: Buffalo NY. Associate Fellow
- The American Catholic Philosophical Association
Select Academic Articles (4)
Real de Asua D, Lee K, Koch P, de Melo-Martin I.
Craenen, G. and Koch, P.
Bruce C, Lapointe J, Koch P, Lee K, Fedson S.