Phil leads the Vertex Pharmaceuticals Business Development group consisting of teams in Search & Evaluation, Transactions, and Alliance Management.
Phil manages highly valuable and strategic collaborations involving technical diligence as well as complex negotiations and agreements that ultimately enable more efficient and faster development of multiple drugs and regimens in the highly dynamic and fast-moving biotechnology industry.
He leads others to achieve outstanding results by creating an exceptional record of performance in partnering strategies, negotiations, and deal structure.
Phil provides broad input and management expertise when actively participating on senior-level committees that deal with development, commercial, and safety issues within the biopharmaceutical field.
Phil has a consistently proven ability to “switch gears” at a moment’s notice and produce exceptional results under tight time constraints.
His areas of expertise include:
- Recognized ability to translate corporate vision into actionable growth strategies, deal execution, and leadership of business development activities that optimize the development and commercialization of drug candidates.
- Extensive interaction with C-level executives to gain support for proposed strategies and deals.
- Broad transactional experience developing strategic partnerships and leading teams through the development of deal strategy, negotiation of terms, and finalization of legal contracts.
- Directing business development to cultivate executive-level relationships, define strategic partnerships, and negotiate deals to achieve our corporate objectives.
He has far-reaching management experience spanning more than 10 years in a biotech company and focused heavily on strategic planning, financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
Industry Expertise (1)
Areas of Expertise (5)
Harvard Business School: M.B.A., General Management 1996
Queen's University: B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering 1988
- Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England
Selected Media Appearances (1)
SCYNEXIS Appoints Business Development Veteran Philippe Tinmouth to its Board of Directors
Cision - PR Newswire online
CYNEXIS, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCYX), a biotechnology company delivering innovative therapies for difficult-to-treat and often life-threatening infections, today announced the appointment of accomplished business development executive Philippe Tinmouth to its Board of Directors. Mr. Tinmouth brings over 20 years of experience across multiple business development and alliance management roles, and is retiring as Vice President and Head of Business Development at Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, a role he has held since 2013...