"We make Engineering Cool" - according to the current CEO of Intel
My job is to help understand client issues, identify under-performing areas (technology, product, process or service) and then assist them to resolve those issues, our specialty is in industrial innovation. If anything others will say about me is that I am principle based and process driven in my approach - there is a "why" behind "what" I do and "the way" that I do it If you can't explain what you do, you simply don't know what you're doing, at least that was what Deming said anyway.
Helping clients to:
• Achieve significant financial benefit for the top and bottom line (+$300M USD and counting)
• Identify new market entry points using M-CTC (Major Critical-To-Customer) Parameters that are the hidden drivers of the customer buying decision &/or the technical limiter of an engineering system's performance
• Develop their innovation skill sets in both the hard and soft elements of continuous improvement, invention and innovation management tools
• Get staff to regularly use systematic innovation methods in their day-to-day work
• Customize methods that enable shortened product and technology life cycles, with more viable innovations, effectively intersecting customer products and process needs, resulting in shorter time to market.
How clients achieved this?
• By attending Systematic Innovation training that engages the company's problem solvers on their current issues, learning practical tools and frameworks that resolve the company’s challenges
• By hiring our experts to analyze organizational and technical issues, resolving bottlenecks, eliminating defects, and preventing failures as they plan new products and process enhancements
• By focusing on the current limiting technological and business factors that are creating the conflict and moving towards higher levels of productivity, performance and profits.
Travelling globally on US and EU passports
Industry Expertise (3)
Areas of Expertise (3)
Strategy and Innovation
Corporate Innovation Management
Intel Excellence (professional)
• 1 Intel Manufacturing Excellence Award (Innovation Program results) - 2nd highest award one can receive at Intel 2006 • 3 Intel Division Recognition Awards (Innovation Program Delivery and Deployment) 2004 / 2005 / 2006 • 1 Intel Division Recognition Award (Research Presentation of Innovation Capabilities) 2004 • 1 Intel Division Recognition Award (Deployed Automated DFM tool set for company) 1999
Oregon State University: Bachelors of Science, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering 1997
2 Excellent internships: 1st at Intel in Desktop Operations and the 2nd one at Boeing on the 777 Program doing Process Improvement Activities and Societies: Student Body President of MECOP (Multiple Engineering Cooperative internship Program)
Portland State University: 2/3 uncompleted Masters, Engineering Management of Technology
Intel moved me to Arizona in 2000 and I didn't get free of my global Intel commitments until 2006, I decided that I would give myself a PhD in Innovation, after all I'm trained as an Applied Researcher. (Via self-study, research, analysis and publishing publicly in 2012)
- MATRIZ - International Association of TRIZ
Dr. Tugrul Daim, Associate Professor at Portland State University | Portland State University
"Richard is an extremely results oriented and process driven professional. We had worked together back at Intel where we were responsible for deploying new processes. Later in life our paths crossed again and he came to one of my classes to talk about the TRIZ implementation. It was one of the most practical lectures and was very useful for the students."
Event Appearances (5)
TRIZ Presentation to Association of Semiconductor and Electronics Engineers of the Philippine
ASMEP Conference- Presentation to Association of Semiconductor and Electronics Engineers of the Philippine Manila, Philippines
Short TRIZ Workshop for the University of the Philippines
Innovation Methods for Engineering Students Manila, Philippines
Technology Forecasting Using TRIZ Methods & Tools
Masters of Engineering Management of Technology Class Portland, Oregon
Innovation Systems and Controls Overview
University of Portland - Innovation Systems and Controls Portland, Oregon
Enabling Innovation in the Corporate Environment: Champions, Results and Infrastructure
TRIZCON 2005 Detroit, Michigan
Sample Talks (1)
Intel Corporate Change Agent
Keynote Presentation at TRIZCON 2004 on what is required of someone who seeks to be a corporate innovation champion, skills in change agency are the required skill set.
- Workshop Leader
- Corporate Training