Stephen’s talent is in demonstrating highly sophisticated solutions to complex issues, and breaking them down into a simple approach that anyone can understand and appreciate.
At Telstra he lead a team of world class demonstrators, driving the development and delivery of:
- Compelling customer briefings
- Highly customised demonstrations
- “Blockbuster” conferences and trade events
He delivered hundreds of briefings each year to business, corporate and government customers at all levels, including state premiers, senior board members and CXO’s, across Australia and New Zealand. Feedback collected from these sessions has shown they amplified the way customers value Telstra, and developed proven pipelines of new solutions and revenue opportunities.
Stephen has a unique ability of connecting ideas and concepts across broad product lines and applying them in an integrated and meaningful approach to enrich customers operations. He takes great joy in seeing customers eyes light up and saying “wow!”, while helping them discover solutions they can use to change the way they live, work and play.
At Telstra, he gained the telco national and international attention including:
- TelePresence Collaboration Customer Briefings -
With Tony Blair (2011) and Bill Clinton (2012) to senior public servants in Canberra
National briefings in each state, linking clients face to face with executives of Cisco in San Jose, and Microsoft in Redmond (2009)
- Hologram Briefings a first for Australia & New Zealand (2008) - live holograms of Telstra's CTO Dr. Hugh Bradlow in all state capitals and Auckland as part of a customer briefing tour.
- Next G & Next IP Network Briefings 2007 - the delivery of the highly successful nationwide Executive Briefings, rebooting Telstra’s position as market leader
Industry Expertise (1)
Information Technology and Services
Areas of Expertise (2)
University of Melbourne - Melbourne Business School: Masters, Marketing 1997
Monash University: Grad Dip, Marketing 1996
Monash University: Bachelor, Arts 1987
- Association of Briefing Program Managers (ABPM)