Proven track record for conceiving, funding, launching and commercializing early stage technology companies. Success across telecom, networking, wireless and biotech. High-energy leader who can inspire peak performance and deliver early heavy lifting: raising capital, building high performance teams, managing technical development, government approvals, creating strong vendor partnerships and new reference customer relationships.
• Raised over $10 million of early-stage capital - from government, Venture Capital, Angel, institutional and public market investors. Strong financial modeling, high-impact investor presentations, proven business plans. Articulate public speaker and writer.
• New concept evangelist - can transform technical concepts into investment-grade programs, high-value marketable products and successful commercialization.
• Solution sales closer - especially for early reference customers.
• Marketer - disciplined strategic planner with creative flair for message and positioning.
• General manager - Operations leader. Sales leader.
• Government negotiator and policy contributor.
• Turn-around skills - successfully restaged public company including recapitalization, development of new IP, product lines, markets, investor relations, corporate governance and capital markets.
• Team leader, mentor and coach - can recruit and inspire high performance teams and boards.
Industry Expertise (4)
Areas of Expertise (5)
University of Guelph: HAFA, B. Comm 1978
York University - Schulich School of Business: MBA, Marketing, Policy 1985