Proven track record for conceiving, funding, launching and commercializing early stage technology companies. Success across telecom, networking, wireless and biotech. High-energy leader who can inspire peak performance and deliver early heavy lifting: raising capital, building high performance teams, managing technical development, government approvals, creating strong vendor partnerships and new reference customer relationships.
• Raised over $10 million of early-stage capital - from government, Venture Capital, Angel, institutional and public market investors. Strong financial modeling, high-impact investor presentations, proven business plans. Articulate public speaker and writer.
• New concept evangelist - can transform technical concepts into investment-grade programs, high-value marketable products and successful commercialization.
• Solution sales closer - especially for early reference customers.
• Marketer - disciplined strategic planner with creative flair for message and positioning.
• General manager - Operations leader. Sales leader.
• Government negotiator and policy contributor.
• Turn-around skills - successfully restaged public company including recapitalization, development of new IP, product lines, markets, investor relations, corporate governance and capital markets.
• Team leader, mentor and coach - can recruit and inspire high performance teams and boards.
Industry Expertise (4)
VC and Private Equity
Areas of Expertise (5)
Building High Performance Teams
Managing Technical Development
Creating Strong Vendor Partnerships
University of Guelph: HAFA, B. Comm 1978
York University - Schulich School of Business: MBA, Marketing, Policy 1985