Susan Mascioli MS, BSN, RN, NEA-BC, CPHQ, LSSBB, CPPS, is the Vice President of Nursing Quality & Safety at ChristianaCare.
In this role, Mascioli provides leadership and strategic direction for quality and patient safety within the Department of Nursing and systemwide to support a culture of safety and improved outcomes. She provides leadership to numerous departments, including Nursing Quality and Safety, Nursing Research & Evidence Based Practice, Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing and the We Improve Senior Health (WISH) program.
Mascioli has more than 35 years of experience at ChristianaCare, over 30 years of experience in health care quality and patient safety, and 20 years of experience as a leader. Prior to that, she worked as a clinical nurse in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care and Post Anesthesia Care units. She has successfully led numerous quality and safety teams in the Department of Nursing and systemwide to improved outcomes, as well as published papers and presented nationally on various healthcare quality-related topics.
Areas of Expertise (3)
Lean Six Sigma
Wilmington College: M.S., Healthcare Adminstration 2007
Widener University: BSN, Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse 1989
Wilmington University: MHA 1980
External Service & Affiliations (7)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality : Member
- American Nurses Association : Member
- Delaware Nurses Association : Member
- Juran Institute : Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- American Nurses Credentialing Center : Advanced Nursing Leadership (NEA-BC)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality American Nurses Credentialing : Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement : Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)