Analytical and compassionate healthcare executive – with extensive patient experience & family engagement abilities as well as program development and process improvement expertise – offer proven track record of leveraging patient experience, customer service, communications, and training & development strengths to improve quality of care and processes throughout hospitals and healthcare systems.
Background: 20+ years of experience gained across emergency departments and hospitals – encompasses program design, coaching, service excellence and staff education proficiencies. Career highlights include growing productivity of $2 million Emergency Department (ED) by 20%, re-configuring Emergency Department crisis programs internally at substantial cost savings to employer, training total of 500 nurses and non-clinical staff, and serving as consultant to government agencies
Patient Experience & Family Engagement:
* Advanced knowledge of patient satisfaction surveys and patient experience survey tools supporting all aspects of improving patient/family experience and satisfaction scores.
* Experienced with implementation and evaluation of an aligned curriculum for teaching patient experience and customer service expectations.
* Adept at assessing situations quickly and compassionately to assist health care professionals in fast-paced, demanding and constantly changing hospital settings to foster patient relations and patient experience systems and processes.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including active listening, redirection, conflict resolution / negotiation, complaint management, crisis intervention, counseling and ability to elicit information from poor or evasive communicators
* Highly skilled with building rapport with patients and families quickly and tactfully to address concerns & resolutions with the goal of gaining patient and family members' trust and enhancing patient experience and family centered care.
* Expertise in coaching and providing point-of-service coaching to managers and health care teams to identify opportunities to create a seamless patient and family experience and / or service recovery gained from visiting with patients and families on a daily basis.
Training and Development:
* Dynamic public speaking, coaching and training skills.
* Skilled in assessment of training needs, information design, facilitation & staff education and support for healthcare teams
Industry Expertise (6)
Areas of Expertise (10)
Cornell University: Graduate Certificate, High Performance Leadership
The certificate in High Performance Leadership consists of coursework that assists with the development of high-performance leadership skills necessary to execute initiatives: managing for momentum, negotiating for results, and coaching for excellence.
The Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School: Graduate Certificate, Medical Services Management
Graduate Certificate in the Business of Medicine: Completed coursework in healthcare leadership, theory and practice, managerial finance, organizational development and managerial communication (including risk communication).
Springfield College: M.Ed; C.A.G.S., Counseling Psychology
* Minor areas of study included Student Personnel Administration and Athletics Counseling.
* Counseled at-risk students at The College of Our Lady of the Elms
* Served as a Graduate Assistant for Professor John Cox and assisted with teaching Counseling, Stress Management and Psychometric Assessment Courses to undergraduate juniors and seniors.
* Member of Psi Chi: Honors in Psychology
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth: BA, Psychology
Roger Williams University: AA, Legal Studies
- Workshop Leader
- Corporate Training