Thomas Charles Belanger
Speaker, Author, Facilitator
• Worked as CEO, Director, Project Manager, and project team member.
• Facilitated hundreds of project teams in planning hundreds of projects in aerospace, banking, commercial products, consumer products, high tech, insurance, manufacturing, and in the public sector. Introduced project management methodology and discipline in these industries.
• Performed as a member of several musical groups and a theatre group.
• Played on various sports teams.
Tom is the author of:
• Teamwork in Ten Days: Building Successful Teams in Music, Theatre, Sports, Business and Government, published in December 2011 at Outskirts Press.
• The Complete Planning Guide for Microsoft Project published by Butterworth Heinemann, 1997.
• How to Plan Any Project: A Guide for Teams, 2nd edition, which focuses on managing teams and projects, was published in September 1995. It was a PMI© Best Seller.
• How to Plan Any Project: 1st edition, also guides teams in project planning, was published in 1991. Another book, Successful Project Management, also aims at improving project and team management, was published by the American Management Association in February 1995.
• He is also the author of scores of articles and columns on project management, management, teamwork and related topics.
Mr. Belanger did his graduate work at Tufts University, Northeastern University, and Suffolk University, and earned his M.S. at Suffolk University. He earned his B.S. at Salem State University. He is currently a member of the World Future Society, and the Project Management Institute.
Industry Expertise (3)
Areas of Expertise (5)
Tom is the author of: Teamwork in Ten Days: Building Successful Teams in Music, Theatre, Sports, Business and Government, December 2011 at Outskirts Press; The Complete Planning Guide for Microsoft Project, Butterworth Heinemann, 1997; Successful Project Management, American Management Association, 1995.
Team Facilitator (professional)
Developed Digital Equipment's first corporate-wide training program in Project Management. Facilitated hundreds of teams in various industries and from every organizational function in planning projects. Delivered training programs in program management, project management, problem solving, decision making and various other experiential workshops. Worked with teams to improve their performance.
Suffolk University: M.S., Business Education 1979
- Project Management Institute
Event Appearances (1)
Teamwork in Ten Days
PMI CMASS monthly meeting Westborough, Massachusetts
Sample Talks (1)
Teamwork in Ten Days
This engaging presentation describes the twenty characteristics of successful teams in the arts, sports, business, and government. In addition you will have an opportunity to quickly classify your "type" of team, and assess your skills as a teammate, as well as the quality of teamwork on your team.
- Workshop Leader
- Author Appearance