Tom Treanor is the founder and President of Right Mix Marketing Inc. With a unique blend of business experience, technical skills and creativity, he has been able to make a meaningful impact on many companies and individuals.
In addition to running Right Mix Marketing, which provides Social Media Strategy and Social Marketing Implementation Services, Tom lectures at SFSU's Social Media Certificate Program. Here he helps students whose roles include Social Media Manager, VP of Marketing, Director of Online Marketing, Community Manager and many others.
Tom is often busy expanding his company's online (and offline) presence via the following:
* Public Speaking: Tom regularly speaks at events such as conferences, networking events, corporate meetings, webinars, podcasts and online radio shows.
* Podcasting: Tom has launched a business and marketing podcast on iTunes.
* Digital Event Production: Tom produces events, such as the Business Blogging Summit, focused on online marketing strategies.
* Community Building / Community Management: Tom is the founder of the Small Business Marketing Forum on LinkedIn, with over 600 members. He also manages an active Facebook Page for Right Mix Marketing, in addition to launching and driving growth for multiple client profiles and pages.
* He authored the SEO Boot Camp, available on Amazon.com.
He brings a wealth of leadership and business experience, including:
* Several years at HP, in Leadership Roles in Marketing, Operations and Consulting
* Management Consulting Experience at PwC Consulting and Booz Allen and Hamilton
* Japanese Language Proficiency and work experience at Sony Electronics and Shin-Etsu Polymer
* A Wharton MBA (1999) and international business training at the Lauder Institute (University of Pennsylvania)
Industry Expertise (3)
Areas of Expertise (3)
University of California, Los Angeles: BA, Economics 1991
Wharton Business School: MBA, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Operations 1999
University of Pennsylvania: MA, International Studies 1999
Focus on East Asia and Japan
- Small Business Marketing Forum
- Wharton Club
- Business Blogging Telesummit
- Lauder Institute
- san francisco state university
- Wharton MBA
Event Appearances (6)
Social Media: Improving Intimacy, Expanding Reach
Achieving Intimacy and Reach Through Social Media Silicon Valley Innovation Institute (SVII)
Social Media Marketing Strategies
IAAP Continuing Education Speaker Series International Association of Administrative Professionals Tri-City Chapter
Mastering Social Media: 3 Essential Tools for the Business Professional
Social Media Marketing Certificate Program San Francisco State University
SEO for Traditional Media
Writer Training San Mateo Daily Journal
6 Ways Your Company Blog Can Drive New Business
AnyMeeting Small Business Speaker Series Virtual / Webinar
Blogging and SEO Tips for the Small Business
Internet Marketing Success – Seminar and Small Business Fair San Mateo Convention Center
Sample Talks (1)
Business Blogging with a Purpose
In this talk, I help people use a Business Blog and Social Media strategically (versus aimlessly). It's all tied together with my 8 Point Business Blogging Roadmap and includes:
- Specific examples across several industries
- What your sales process should look like
- How a blog fits into the process and how it helps you generate leads
- What kind of content you should be creating
- How to get into the head of your prospective customers
- How you should be using Social Media
- Workshop Leader
- Corporate Training