Dr. William Feuerborn has extensive training in the treatment of relational trauma, including using the Pia Mellody model for developmental immaturity and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Additionally, he is a CSAT (Certified Sex Addiction Therapist) and supervisor.
In addition to providing deep, targeted therapy, he is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the School of Social Work since 2011 at the University of Southern California (USC). He has taught scores of Master’s level students in a variety of classes emphasizing evidence-based techniques and a neuroscientific approach to social work practice.
Dr. Feuerborn has both Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Social Work, from California State University, Long Beach, and the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, respectively. His doctoral research focused on the connection between loneliness and hypersexual behavior.
Dr. Feuerborn regularly speak to groups about the negative toll that shame takes on individuals, communities, and society.
Areas of Expertise (6)
Industry Expertise (2)
- Novus Mindful Life Institute: Clinical Director and Co-Founder
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) and CSAT Supervisor
- International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals: Member
- Southern California Society for Clinical Hypnosis: Member
- National Association of Social Workers: Member
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health: Member