For the third year in a row, Unum received a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality index (CEI). This is the largest national benchmarking tool that measures corporate policies and practices for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
Companies are ranked based on non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement in the LGBTQ community.
Unum resources for LGBTQ+ workers include:
- Domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples.
- Health care coverage for procedures related to gender transition.
- Equal opportunity employment and anti-harassment policies.
- Employee Resource Group focused on company-wide education and advocacy.
- Guidance for LGBTQ+ employees in their growth, development and wellbeing.
- Best practices on how to be allies for LGBTQ+ coworkers.
“The HRC benchmark evolves annually, which helps us measure our efforts against national best practices,” said Lee Reece, promotions and events consultant and U.S. lead for Unum’s LGBTQ+ employee resource group. “We’re on an important journey to make sure our workforce is inclusive and supportive of all and represents the diversity of our customers.”
Are you a journalist covering inclusion and LGBTQ+ rights in the workplace? If so – then let our expert help with any of your questions or coverage of this very important topic.
Liz Ahmed is Unum’s executive vice president of people and communications, responsible for human resources, diversity and inclusion. She is available to speak with media – simply click on her icon to arrange an interview today.
Liz Ahmed Executive Vice President, People & Communications
Liz Ahmed is EVP, People and Communications for Unum, a leading provider of workplace financial protection benefits