Confessions of a CEO – Pandemic shines a light on the importance of mental healthMarch 12, 20212 min read
Fatigue and burnout are not just happening among healthcare workers. The importance of mental health management has been a top concern among many executive leaders at the pandemic onset, as well as ensuring their organizations are recognizing and aiding their employees to bring mental health resiliency.
Rich Poirier, president and CEO, Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.1 is available to share the mental health challenges he has faced during the pandemic and the importance of balancing and navigating mental health for his employees.
Rich can speak to:
• Facing his own personal mental health struggles, and how that brought perspective to the needs of his employees. Seeing this as a strength in his leadership.
• Making precedence to talk openly with employees about self-care in weekly videos and offer resources to give employees mental health support (increase in COVID-19 benefits and donated PTO opportunities for employees in need).
• Sharing the load to address mental health barriers with other leaders, to ensure as a team, employees and clients are being served and kept safe.
If you’re interested in learning more regarding this important topic, Rich is available to speak with the media and will be happy to share his own viewpoints on the need to be a vulnerable leader and be an advocate for mental healthcare. To arrange an interview with Rich today - simply click on his icon now.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, secular and non-secular camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
• A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
• BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
• Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
• Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019
• Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System
• Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
• Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
• 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/20. S.I. = a stock insurer.
Richard V. Poirier President and CEO
Rich can speak to senior leadership perspectives, top needs of houses of worship today, leading companies through crisis & insurance trends.