IDC Quarterly Tech Brief: Your Guide For The Digital-First WorldSeptember 8, 20214 min read
We hope you got a chance to recharge and enjoy the summer. Now that we’re looking into the last half of 2021, our experts agree that we’re not going back to the pre-pandemic normal, but we can’t help but be optimistic with recent news on vaccinations, lifting of restrictions, kids going back to school, and some of us returning to the office.
As the world slowly moves from a pandemic to a digital-first state, we will see permanent shifts in the way we live, work, play and learn. IDC expects the next 3 years to remain highly fluid due to the growing range of global challenges. And now, more than ever, business and government leaders will need to operate and invest in increasingly digital-first markets, while building digital infrastructures, enabled by an intelligent, empowered, and a well-connected workforce.
In this edition of IDC Canada's Quarterly Tech Brief, we’ll explore insights on the digital-first world, best practices, and digital transformation stories from Canadian tech leaders at our upcoming IDC CIO Series webinar on September 22, and as usual, we also reveal the latest research, survey results and market forecasts. And last but not least, we're happy to announce IDC Canada's biggest technology event of the year, IDC Connections 2021 is coming up on November 4th. Save your seat today!
IDC CIO Panel Series – Part 2: Building Resiliency & Innovation into Your Canadian Journey
Join us on Wednesday, September 22 at 2 p.m. ET for the latest session of our IDC CIO Panel webinar series where we will dive into what digital resiliency means for you, and how to leverage the latest Digital Infrastructure and Digital Innovation trends to your advantage.
Hear from industry-leading tech executives, Antoine Haroun, CIO at the Peel District School Board, Irene Zaguskin, CTO at The Printing House, and Michael Kurek, VP of Sales & Operations, Data Center Solutions at Dell Technologies as they unpack how the pandemic accelerated their digital transformation journey, and their best practices for planning and managing IT during uncertain times.
Our experts will also host 3 sessions around how the Future Enterprise operates in a Digital-First World, a look ahead at the forces of change heading into 2022, the Future of Digital Infrastructure, and the need to strive for a balance between digital innovation and resiliency to remain relevant and competitive.
Your Canadian Research Checklist
Here are some of our most popular Canadian reports of the quarter to help you understand changing market conditions and succeed in 2021.
IDC THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: DIGITAL RESILIENCY SCORECARD
Explore IDC's new Digital Resiliency Scorecard
Does resiliency still matter in a "post-pandemic" world? Quite simply, it does. In IDC's recent Digital Resiliency Benchmark Survey, we found that 65% of U.S. buyers and 55% of Worldwide buyers have plans to invest in resiliency over the April 2021-April 2022 timeframe. Watch The Digital Resiliency Scorecard webinar to learn more
ICYMI: BLOG HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS QUARTER
- Future of Customer - More Human Experience - Over 34% of executives point to transforming the customer experience as the top business function. Learn more about the Future of Customer framework with IDC’s Keyoor Adavani. Read More →
- Major Smartwatch Market Consolidation: A Canadian Take - In May Google announced a new unified smartwatch platform in partnership with Samsung. Learn how this partnership is expected to shake up the market dynamics in Canada with Shahd ElAshri. Read More →
- Telesat Vying For LEO Constellation Leadership - A new commercial space race has begun and among the entrants for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite constellations, Telesat is an emerging leader in this multi-billion-dollar market. Learn more from IDC's Lawrence Surtees. Read More →
- Federal Budget Innovation Goals and What’s Next for Recovery - COVID-19 fast-tracked innovation and digitization. See how the federal budget plans to support digital transformation, and learn how customer centricity and AI can set you apart from the competition with IDC's Mark Schrutt. Read More →
UPCOMING VIRTUAL EVENT
IDC Connections 2021 Canada: Accelerating Your Path to a
Mark your calendars! IDC Connections is back this year and we can't wait for you to take a front-row seat. Don't miss an afternoon full of IDC experts' insights, special guests, networking, and hear from the tech leaders who are driving this new era of rapid transformation.
This year's highlights include:
- A special closing keynote on the Future of Sports and Entertainment with Humza Teherany, Chief Technology & Digital Officer at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
- Creating digital innovation & experiences at your organization, with IDC's Chief Research Officer, Meredith Whalen
- Embracing digital infrastructure, with IDC Canada's Dave Pearson
- Leveraging new industry ecosystems, with IDC Canada's Nigel Wallis
- Guidance from our popular CIO Best Practices Panelists
PODCASTS WORTH A LISTEN
Find out why clients are raving about our new podcast series!
In an era seemingly filled with uncertainty, the Future Enterprise podcast is a must-listen. It's a podcast for business and tech executives, aimed at helping you leverage technology to achieve innovative, disruptive, and productive business outcomes.
Listen in as IDC host, Joseph Pucciarelli, Group Vice President & IT Executive Advisor interviews C-level executives from around the world on their digital transformation initiatives touching on each of the "Future of X" digital initiatives. Senior IDC research leaders often join in the conversation.
Thanks for being a part of our IDC Quarterly Tech Brief Newsletter community! Don’t forget to subscribe to be notified quarterly when the next issue comes out.
Tony Olvet Group Vice President, Worldwide C-Suite and Canadian Future Enterprise Research
Group Vice President, Worldwide C-Suite and Canadian Future Enterprise Research at IDC
Megha Kumar Research Vice President, Software and Cloud Services
Megha helps vendors and end-users navigate the cloud services and digital innovation landscape in Canada
Dave Pearson Research Vice President, Infrastructure Solutions
Research VP for IDC Canada's Infrastructure Solutions Research Group
Nigel Wallis Research Vice President, IoT & Industries
IDC Canada's Research Vice President for Internet of Things and Industries
Shahd ElAshri Research Analyst, Consumer Devices
Shahd examines the consumer mobility, wearable device and AR/VR markets in Canada