Preparing for #GivingTuesdayOctober 19, 20211 min read
#GivingTuesday (11/30/21) marks the official beginning of the charitable season. Before the pandemic, 73% of religious organizations accepted online donations. Today, 94% of religious organizations with more than 100 members offer online giving, and close to half of houses of worship with fewer than 50 members offer the option.
• With giving largely virtual, are churches and other places of worship prepared/secured against cybertheft?
Craig Huss, assistant vice president - Chief Information Security Officer at Church Mutual, can discuss the preparation and steps worship facilities can take for a successful and secure charitable season (and beyond).
Organizational leaders, staff and volunteers all play a part in promoting, implementing and enforcing secure digital practices. When looking to safeguard your organization, remember “CESA.”
• Communication – Tell members your authorized methods of giving.
• Education – Teach members who will be their point of contact for donations and teach them how to spot fake requests.
• Smart – As an organization, stay current on cybertheft trends.
• Action – Put cybersecurity measures into practice through existing tools and providers.