STORY: Bike Share Toronto and CAA South Central Ontario bring back Free Ride Wednesdays in May.May 3, 20222 min read
Free Ride Wednesday in the City of Toronto is back for another year, thanks to the Bike Share Toronto (BST) and CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) partnership. During May, Riders can take out a bike for up to 30 minutes, return the bike to any station, and take out another bike for an additional free 30-minute ride.
"CAA's partnership with Bike Share Toronto allows us to give back to our members and the community in a meaningful way. By teaming up with Bike Share Toronto for the fourth year, we are continuing our longstanding history of encouraging cycling and advocating for the safety of all road users,” said Rhonda English, Chief Marketing Officer, CAA Club Group."
“While CAA is often known for its best-in-class roadside assistance, there are many member benefits like Free Ride Wednesdays that go far beyond that, including curated bike trails, discounts on bike accessories and roadside assistance for cyclists via CAA Bike Assist TM."
In addition to free rides, CAA offers Member-only exclusives:
- Available all year, CAA Members receive four free rides when they purchase 10 rides
- CAA On the Move Members (Membership for those who don’t need roadside assistance) save 25% on the purchase of a Bike Share Toronto Annual 30 membership, plus get 5 free Single Trip rides.
For more information about Free Ride Wednesdays visit https://www.caasco.com/rewards/free-ride-wednesdays
Here's how you can take advantage of Bike Share Toronto's Free Ride Wednesdays in May!
- Download the PBSC app or visit the Bike Share Toronto website to find a station near you.
- Go to any of the 625 Bike Share stations between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on one of the four Wednesdays of May.
- Select "Buy a Pass" on the kiosk touch screen and select "$0 One-Day", then insert your credit card and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also obtain your pass on the Transit or PBSC app by selecting "Purchase Access Pass." (Note: There is a refundable $20 deposit per bike.)
- After completing the transaction, type in the code you received into the keypad on the left side of the docking point of the bike of your choice.
- Go out and explore Toronto for up to a maximum of 30 minutes. (Note: Fees will apply if the ride is over the allotted 30 minutes.)
- Return your bike to any station.
- Take out another bike for a free 30-minute ride as many times as you like. Just use the pass to unlock another bike!
Rhonda English Chief Marketing Officer
Senior executive responsible for CAA SCO's brand marketing strategies.