MERRILL, Wis. – The Women’s Leadership Initiative® (WLI) at Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. (a stock insurer)1 is proud to award a $1,000 scholarship to Allie Renzelmann, a 2022 graduate of Merrill High School.
Representatives of Church Mutual’s WLI organization presented the 2022 WLI Scholarship to Allie Renzelmann. Pictured from left are Laura Huggins, WLI president; Molly Lyon, WLI Scholarship Committee co-chair; Heather Renzelmann, Allie’s mother and Church Mutual employee; Allie Renzelmann; Carlie Kleinhans, WLI Scholarship Committee co-chair; and Melissa Fitzgerald, WLI board member and president-elect.
Renzelmann plans to attend Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon, majoring in secondary education – broad-field science. She would like to return to the Merrill community and work as a science teacher.
“Church Mutual places great value on education,” said Molly Lyon, WLI board member and co-chair of the scholarship program. “WLI is pleased to offer this scholarship and help talented young people like Allie become the future leaders in the communities where we live and work. We are honored to be part of her journey and look forward to her future success.”
WLI also presented a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior at Mechanicsburg High School in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, hometown to CM Regent Insurance Company®, a member of the Church Mutual family of companies.
WLI elevates and empowers women through professional networking, leadership development and mentorships.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, secular and non-secular camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
• A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating.
• Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
• Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019.
• 2021 Gallup Culture Transformation Award recipient.
• 2022 Social Equity and Community Empowerment Property and Casualty Company Award recipient from the American Property Casualty Insurance Association.
• 2020 Women and Diversity Award recipient from the American Property Casualty Insurance Association.
• Elite 50 Internship Award recipient from Rising Insurance Star Executives.
• Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System.
• Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies.
• Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies.
• 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College.
# # #
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/20. S.I. = a stock insurer.