STORY: Bike Share Toronto and CAA South Central Ontario bring back Free Ride Wednesdays in July.
Free Ride Wednesday in the City of Toronto is back for another year, thanks to the Bike Share Toronto (BST) and CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) partnership. During July, Riders can take out a bike for up to 30 minutes, return the bike to any station, and take out another bike for an additional free 30-minute ride.
The announcement made by Mayor John Tory highlighted that this is the fourth year of the sponsorship between BST and CAA SCO. Tory was joined by Scott Collier, President, Toronto Parking Authority and Rhonda English, Chief Marketing Officer, CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO)
"CAA's partnership with Bike Share Toronto allows us to give back to our Members and communities in a meaningful way. By teaming up with Bike Share Toronto, we are continuing our longstanding history of encouraging cycling and advocating for the safety of all road users. This partnership will help people find new ways to explore the city while also staying close to home," said Rhonda English, Chief Marketing Officer, CAA South Central Ontario.
In addition to free rides, CAA offers Member only exclusives:
- Available all year, CAA Members receive four free rides when they purchase ten rides.
- CAA On the Move Members (Membership for those who don't need roadside assistance) receive exclusive access to Bike Share Toronto offers such as savings on memberships and passes.
For more information about Free Ride Wednesdays visit bikesharetoronto.com.
Here's how you can take advantage of Bike Share Toronto's Free Ride Wednesdays in July!
- Download the PBSC app or visit the Bike Share Toronto website to find a station near you.
- Go to any of the 625 Bike Share stations between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on one of the four Wednesdays of July.
- Select "Buy a Pass" on the kiosk touch screen and select "$0 One-Day", then insert your credit card and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also obtain your pass on the Transit or PBSC app by selecting "Purchase Access Pass." (Note: There is a refundable $20 deposit per bike.)
- After completing the transaction, type in the code you received into the keypad on the left side of the docking point of the bike of your choice.
- Go out and explore Toronto for up to a maximum of 30 minutes. (Note: Fees will apply if the ride is over the allotted 30 minutes.)
- Return your bike to any station.
- Take out another bike for a free 30-minute ride as many times as you like. Just use the pass to unlock another bike!
Rhonda English Chief Marketing Officer
Senior executive responsible for CAA SCO's brand marketing strategies.