How do I study in Canada?
Canada provides the opportunity to gain a world-class education in a multi-cultural setting, making it a rewarding decision. To study in Canada as an international student, you need to apply for a study permit:
1. Enroll at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
3. Apply for a student permit online or via mail.
4. Prepare for arrival once your student permit has been approved. You will need to have the following documents:
- Passport and travel documents, including a letter of introduction
- Valid eTA or temporary resident visa
- Valid letter of acceptance from a school
- Proof of funds to support yourself in Canada
- Any other letters of reference
- Proof of leaving Canada at the end of your stay
Planning to study in Canada? Check out the following resources:
- How to find student accommodation in Canada
- Tips for finding work as an international student in Canada
- An international student’s guide to permanent residency in Canada
Canada’s welcoming immigration policies offer many ways for those interested to live, work, study, and settle in Canada. These pathways are often the first step in the journey to eventually becoming Canadian.