As the world watches – Many wonder who is next in line in to the throne in North Korea?April 28, 20201 min read
It’s the rumor that won’t go away. The mysterious leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un is dealing with serious health issues. Some are even speculating death may be close or has even potentially occurred.
The news of a nuclear armed rogue nation that could soon be leaderless has the west watching and worried.
If you’re a journalist covering, there are many questions to be asked.
- What is the succession plan for North Korea’s leadership?
- Will the traditionally patriarchal country allow Kim Yo-jong, Kim Jong-un's younger sister to ascend to power?
- Are there more distant relatives who could make a claim to the role?
- Is there a chance North Korea could accept a change in power structure or even adopt a non-dictatorial style of government?
- And, is now the opportunity for change in North Korea?
If you are covering, we’re here to help.
Dr. Glen Duerr's research interests include comparative politics and international relations theory. Glen is an expert on this subject and is available to speak to media regarding this topic– simply click on his icon to arrange an interview.
Glen Duerr, Ph.D. Associate Professor of International Studies
Dr. Deurr's research interests include nationalism and secession, comparative politics, and international relations theory