A powder keg ready to blow? Georgia Southern's expert on Russia and Ukraine are ready to help with your coverageJanuary 27, 20221 min read
Tension are rising in Eastern Europe as troops, tanks and weapons are piling up on both sides of the border separating Russia and Ukraine.
And with each passing day, the invasion of Ukraine and the possibility of outright war seems to be increasing.
- Is war inevitable?
- How did this situation escalate so quickly?
- Is this a power-play but Vladimir Putin?
- Should other neighboring countries be worried?
- And what is the strategic and historical significance of Ukraine when it comes to Russia wanting to invade?
- How could this affect the U.S.?
There's a lot of questions to be answered - and if you are a reporter covering this escalating news story, then let our experts help.
Jacek Lubecki, Ph.D., is an associate professor of political science and international studies at Georgia Southern University. He is also expert in Polish and European military history. Lubecki is available to speak with media regarding this topic - simply click on his icon now to arrange an interview today.
Jacek Lubecki Associate Professor, Political Science and International Studies
Jacek Lubecki is an expert in Polish and European military history.